Dr. Tessa St. Cyr
Educator, Performance Specialist, Youth Activist
Dear Resident of St. Andrew North East,
I am Dr. Tessa St. Cyr, a long-standing public servant, educator and advocate for youth in Grenada and specifically in the constituency of St. Andrew North East. I value respect for self and others, inclusiveness, cultural sensitivity, gender equality, transparency and accountability and it is with these qualities that I intend to represent this constituency at the upcoming general election.
I am an Education and Performance Specialist, who serves in different capacities at the community, national and international levels. My service to Grenada includes being a Senator in Grenada’s Parliament and functioning as Accreditation Coordinator, as well as a Course Director and Lecturer, at the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at SGU. I have also served as a consultant and curriculum developer for local entities such as the National Training Agency and the Ministry of Youth and has a long-standing history of involvement in youth development. Additionally, I have served as the President of the St. Andrew’s Parish Youth Council; as Vice-President of the National Youth Council; as a Youth Ambassador; and as a facilitator of many youth development initiatives
I served Grenada in many capacities at the community, national and international levels. I dedicated my career to maintaining the standards of education for our students and I advocated for and facilitated youth development initiatives in St. Andrew and across the island. I commit to continue doing my part to ensure the sustainable growth of this constituency.
MY VISION for the constituency of St. Andrew North East is to advocate for the all-around well-being and development of all of the residents.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. Andrew North East I will endeavour to:
- Construct Pearls Airport Strip to establish a viable port for sea defense.
- Implement solutions to protect and preserve Conference mangrove and beach.
- Renovate and remodel La Poterie Pre-School.
- Institute a Paradise Community Library/Resource Center.
- Renovate the Paraclete Medical Center and rebuild the Tivoli Medical center.
- Implement a Family Day that will aim to build community spirit and corroboration.
- Complete the La Poterie Pavilion.
- Install lighting at the Pearls & La Poterie playing fields.
- Construct a multi-purpose court in Upper St John’s/Blaize community.
- Reconstruct the Seamoon/Simon Cultural Center.
- Create an Arawak Village to illustrate our cultural heritage and to contribute to community tourism.
- Collaborate with farmer to secure affordable inputs, adequate labour and equipment, and reliable markets.
- Establish an agro-manufacturing hub at Simon Industrial Park.
Most sincerely yours,
Dr. Tessa St. Cyr
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. Andrew North East