Lawyer, Community Activist, Humanitarian
Eastern Main Road
Dear Resident of St. David,
I am Dickon Mitchell, Political Leader of the NDC and a son of the St. David soil, from the village of Petit Esperance. Born to working-class parents, I made it my life’s commitment to embody the principles of hard work, sacrifice and determination. It is with these qualities that I intend to serve as your NDC candidate for the parish of St. David in the next general election.
My life has been dedicated to my career as a lawyer where I have represented Grenadians from all walks of life. In my 19 years of practice, I have seen the transformational power of education, the hunger of youth for better opportunities and the sacrifice made by Grenadians in creating a better future for themselves and their families. The success of others, especially those who succeed against the odds, is one of my greatest inspirations!
MY VISION is to work with you to move St. David forward to become the parish that we are most proud of.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. David I will endeavour to:
- Re-establish and build skills training centers in St. David to educate and train our youth to obtain immediate employment in the job market;
- Reform our education system to ensure that our students are taught coding and digital technology to give them the skills and education that allow them to be deployed into sustainable and high-paying jobs and to become employers and employees inside and outside of Grenada.
- Invest significantly in agriculture by re-planting our spices.
- Provide access to land for the landless.
- Assist with obtaining inputs for use in agriculture by investing in technology, such as aquaponics and solar energy.
- Assist with the research and development to grow new crops and to minimize, control and eradicate pests that reduce crop yields.
- Find new and expanded markets for our local produce.
- Re-open and operate our agro-processing plants; support farmers in their fight against praedial larceny.
- Build a modern town centre that provides a single location to access all essential government, medical, dental, banking services and to provide food, vegetable, meat, and fish market.
- Pay our retirees their pensions and gratuities
- End contract work and promote sustainable employment for our workers.
- Promote and support the talent of our sportsmen and women by upgrading our playing fields, including providing night lights; outdoor gym facilities; building and supporting our schools and communities sports clubs.
- Promote and support our talented musicians, entertainers and creative residents by teaching music and music production in school and the establishment of a creative centre for the performing arts.
- Provide financial and technical support including micro-financing and financial advice to our small business owners and encourage more of our residents to own and operate their own businesses.
- Provide opportunities for affordable housing to our residents.
Most sincerely yours,
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. David