Dear Residents of St. Patrick East,
I am Denis Cornwall, a proud son of River Sallee, St. Patrick. I’ve always been passionate about contributing to and assisting with the development of the society which moulded me. Hence, I commit to represent this constituency in the upcoming general election.
Initially, I gave back as a teacher, then as an Economist in the public and private sectors. Perhaps my most prominent public positions are when I served as Chief Budget Officer, Deputy Director-General with responsibility for Budget and Fiscal Policy and later, Director General, and was part of the team that worked to restore Grenada’s creditworthiness in the early 1990s.
While in the public sector, I obtained additional training at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), and the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB).
MY VISION is to maintain the passion and dedication to contributing to this country and specifically St. Patrick East to revive our community to the highest level. I am humbled to have this opportunity to do so in a more extensive capacity.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. Patrick East I will endeavour to:
- Reducing the high rates of poverty and unemployment in our community by:
- Revitalizing agriculture through investments and support to farmers to secure affordable inputs, adequate labour and equipment, and access to reliable markets. Particular emphasis will be on dealing with the predial larceny and providing a good water supply;
- Commercializing the fish industry with better storage, docking facilities, and marine services. We will create more jobs by converting fish waste into animal feed, curing, and filleting;
- Investing in the development of additional dams for water storage and treatment plants to meet the domestic and farming needs of the constituency;
- Making government services more available in Sauteurs. Such services will include obtaining a driver’s license, birth certificate, death certificate, passport application and renewals;
- Providing 24-hour community healthcare services at the Sauteurs health complex
Let’s work together to move Grenada forward!
Most sincerely yours,
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. Patrick East