Educator, Counsellor, Community Activist
Dear Resident of St. Andrew South East
I am David Andrew, a proud son of La Digue St. Andrew and a resident of the village of Hope. My passion for genuine service and improving the lives of people is what propels me to step forward to represent you, the constituents of St. Andrew South East.
I dedicated my career to serving others in the capacity of a counselling therapist, guidance counsellor, educator and advocate for our nation’s students. I am a Counselling Therapist and Educator by profession, who has worked at various levels of the education sector. I have served as a Classroom Teacher, Guidance Counsellor, School Counsellor, Chief Education Officer, and Director of Student Support Services. With this experience, I commit to the continual and sustainable growth of this constituency and I pledge to work with all of its residents to create meaningful change.
MY VISION is to bring people-centered and community-driven representation that results in an improved quality of life for all of the constituents of St. Andrew South East.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. Andrew North East I will endeavour to:
- Redevelop and modernize the town of Grenville including taking measures to prevent flooding within the city.
- Take mitigation measures to address soil erosion and flooding in areas such as Marquis and Telescope.
- Create Grenadian styled, affordable village housing for residents through public and private partnerships.
- Upgrade and repair community centers to facilitate technical and vocational training in areas of computer repairs; food & nutrition; art and crafts; literacy and numeracy; cultural heritage; information communication technology; and adult based education.
- Introduce a Library facility for the Grenville area.
- Improve and diversify the existing sporting facilities to include basketball and netball multi-courts and a gym to promote the increase in the number of sporting activities throughout the constituency.
- Upgrade the port facility at Grenville.
- Establish a facility for collecting, researching and converting the Sargassum into commercial products for sale locally and for export.
- Promote and support our talented musicians, entertainers and creative residents by teaching music and music production in schools within the constituency.
- Establish a creative centre for the performing arts.
Most sincerely yours,
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. Andrew South East