Entrepreneur, Community Activist, Philanthropist
Dear Resident of the Constituency of St. George South,
I am Andy Williams, the founding entrepreneur of the Hot Spot chain of supermarkets, an activist and philanthropist from the village of Grand Anse. In essence, I have a passion for people and my life and business are centered around being people and community centered. I put people first, and I endeavour to be an inspiration to others as I represent you in the upcoming general election.
I am truly a product of the education system of Grenada who studied Business Administration and Accounting at St. George’s University (SGU) after completing studies at the T.A. Marry show Community College.
In 1997, I started my first formal job at The Rex Grenadian Hotel as an Accounts Clerk. Then in 2000, I decided to pursue the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Accounting at SGU, while working full-time at the Rex Grenadian Hotel, where I quickly rose to the position of Cost Controller. Approximately three years later, I joined the Radisson Hotel as the Assistant Financial Controller. Then in 2007, I joined the Chevron Team, as the Senior Accountant for St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Dominica and Grenada. My tenure there lasted for two years, after which I was employed as the Financial Controller at the Flamboyant Hotel.
My educational and professional experience has shaped the business owner that I am today. In the year 2011, I started two (2) companies, namely Grand Anse Hotspot Supermarket and A & D Distributors Ltd. Over the years, I have made it my duty to develop a business model based on putting people first by providing food items at affordable prices. To date, I have established branches of Hotspot in four (4) parishes and have a weekly presence in places where Hotspot does not have a branch.
As a result of my achievements and the support gained from this community, I understand the importance of diligence, commitment and accountability.
MY VISION is to provide genuine representation that would result in the meeting of the immediate needs and the long-term development of all of the residents of St. George South.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. George South I will endeavour to:
- Reduce unemployment throughout the constituency by the provision of skills training for all ages in the areas of:
- Information and Communication Technology ( ICT)
- Entrepreneurial training for small businesses
- Reintroduce regulated watersports on Grand Anse and BBC beaches.
- Establish a marine school to train citizens in the operation, repairs, and maintenance of small and medium-size crafts including; sail making, engine repair, fiberglass work, marine electronics and marine navigation and safety.
- Create a Grenadian-styled, affordable village housing for residents through public and private partnerships.
- Establish a drug and alcohol abuse rehabilitation centre with trained professionals.
- Rebuild and modernize the road and sidewalk infrastructure within the constituency. Construct pedestrian overpasses to minimize congestion and to enhance the safety of pedestrians when crossing major intersections.
- Revitalize the Limes and Mont Tout playing field to include lighting, seating and toilet facilities.
- Transform tourism in the south by creating an educational institution focused on tourism and hospitality to train our citizens and to better position them for managerial positions within the hotel and tourism industry.
- Provide 24-hour community healthcare service at the Grand Anse Health Centre.
Most sincerely yours,
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. George South