Former Senator, Youth Activist, Ambassador
Dear Resident of St. John,
I am Kerryne James and a firm believer in the value of education as a passport to upward mobility. As a member of a working class family, I capitalized on the opportunities provided though education and committed myself to the development of youth within my community. I bring youthful fervor, fresh ideas and diligence to represent this constituency in the upcoming general election.
I will seek to develop St. John to its fullest potential through dynamic leadership, bringing concrete solutions to the problems affecting constituents, and facilitating people’s participation and empowerment. I therefore appeal to the youths of Grenada and of my constituency in particular to take advantage of all educational opportunities available.
MY VISION is for a united, family-centered, productive, and healthy constituency, caring for its elderly, protecting its children, educating its young people, and contributing to the national sustainable development of our parish.
UNDER MY LEADERSHIP in St. John I will endeavour to:
- Re-establish and manifest St. John as the “fishing parish,” so that our residents will be able to sustainably enjoy a decent quality of life
- Provide 24-hour community healthcare service at the Gouyave Health Complex.
- Promote and enhance the conservation of our fish stock while protecting our marine coastline. We shall expand the fish storage capacity and provide a fish processing facility.
- Implement facilities to emphasize and promote youth development through skills training.
- Promote and support the traditional mas such as Vieux Corps, Moko Jumbie, and Shortknee.
- Train and promote musicians, entertainers, and creative residents within the constituency.
- Upgrade the Cuthbert Peters park to accommodate national sporting events and activities that promote health and wellness.
- Embark on replanting of all our spices in St. John.
- Provide access to affordable housing.
Most sincerely yours,
NDC Candidate for the Constituency of St. John