Campaign office: Church Street, Hillsborough, Carriacou, 443-7596, andrewstevin4gmail.com
About the Candidate
Profession/Occupation: Servant of the people
Birthday: August 31
Marital Status: Single
Tevin “Champion Boy” Andrews embodies the energy and optimism that the future holds for Grenada under the leadership of the NDC.
As a keen community-minded social activist, Tevin approaches issues of concern to all, with an enthusiasm that speaks well to his capable management of the trust placed in him by the Party and the electorate.
As the NDC candidate for Carriacou and Petite Martinique, he is committed to addressing the issues that currently affect the Constituency and its people, inclusive of:
• Breaking down the political divisions and barriers, to unite our people
• Fixing the issues with air and sea travel both from Grenada to Carriacou, and from Carriacou to the Grenadines
• Fixing the broken healthcare system and solving the healthcare crisis in the Constituency
• Fixing bad roads and drains
• Revamping the agriculture, tourism, culture, fishing and sporting sectors in the Constituency, to increase employment and productivity
• Ensuring that people in need of assistance and relief are the first recipients of help as it becomes available
• Fixing the water problems.
His promise to the people of Carriacou and Petite Martinique, as an elected representative, is to provide the best representation possible in the true spirit of democratic politics, by:
• Putting people first
• Demonstrating leadership and representation with a difference
• Doing away with political patronage - the days of only jobs for the boys will be gone.
• Adopting a bottom-up approach to governance, in which the people's voices will be critical in national development.
An active outdoorsman who enjoys hiking, cycling, kayaking, and fishing, Tevin is also involved in volunteer work with the elderly, and has represented Grenada as a Youth Ambassador, locally and internationally. He is president of several youth groups including the Vision of Change Youth Group, and the Harvey Vale Government School Past Pupil’s Association.
My Vision for Carriacou and Petite Martinique
Dear Residents of Carriacou and Petite Martinique,
It is an honour to be the candidate of the NDC in this all-important election that will decide what becomes of our beloved Grenada. I am also very grateful to every person who has offered encouragement and advice, as we have begun the journey to rescue our Grenada from those who are not acting in the best interests of Grenadians.
We all know that as with the rest of Grenada, all is not well in Carriacou and Petite Martinique, and it is time to change all that. It is time for representation with a difference – a bottom-up approach, where the people's voices will be critical in national development; a new approach to development and leadership, where young people will be properly trained, communities will be respected, and senior citizens will be treated with the dignity they deserve.
From my conversations with you, we are all in agreement that we long for a time when the days of “jobs for the boys only” will be gone; when each citizen will be given a chance to play their part, regardless of political affiliation; and when your vote is respected by your elected representative.
Carriacou and Petite Martinique, with so many of our people are living in poverty, and so many of our young people jobless, let’s ask ourselves the crucial questions:
• Do we continue on a path of hopelessness, joblessness, and political tribalism, where you can’t speak your mind for fear of being labelled and victimised?
• Do we continue under the leadership of those who only think about themselves and a selected few?
• Or, do we take charge of our future and choose a different, progressive, all-embracing representative?
Carriacou and Petite Martinique, this is the time to effect the change that we want to see.
On Election Day, your vote for effective representation begins the process of achieving a government that puts you, the people, first!
Carriacou and Petit Martinique