Campaign office: Ben Jones Street, Grenville; 442-4444; email@example.com
About the Candidate
Birthday: 26th November
Marital Status: Married
Sylvester Quarless is an entrepreneur, a former Member of Parliament for St. Andrew South West, and former Minister of Social Development (2008-2012). An alumnus of Grenada Secondary School, he studied Public Relations in (the then) East Germany, and Public Administration at the University of the West Indies.
Through his years of service to Grenada, he has demonstrated his competence in balancing economic and social development. He has a true passion for the development of young people, and believes that national development can only be sustainable if there is strategic investment in youth education and training.
His achievements as a Minister include:
• Passing the Domestic Violence Act, Child Protection Act, Sexual Harassment Protocol
• Securing $2 million for 63 community projects- (community centres, bridges, football, water storage tanks, computers)
• Sponsorship of sports teams/events: tennis, football, cricket, basketball, netball.
His impressive record as the Member of Parliament for St. Andrew South West includes:
• Employing over 60 constituents in his personal businesses
• Spearheading the project to get piped water into Tuilleries (community) benefiting 60 constituents
• Constructing the bridge in Ford
• Rehabilitating the Birch Grove and the Union Community centres
• Building L’Esterre, St Andrew major flood control water canal
• Implementing the major drain improvement project in Mt. Carmel
• Providing material assistance to LaDigue Pentecostal, Tuilleries Pentecostal and Trench Town Pentecostal churches
• Re-establishing a police station in Birch Grove after many years of it being defunct
• Sponsoring 20/20 cricket competitions in Munich and Birch Grove
• Providing Football and Basketball equipment for teams in Birch Grove, St. James and Soubise area, and the Netball team in Harford Village
• Refurbishing Holy Cross Roman Catholic School, Munich
• Providing computers to Birch Grove Roman Catholic School, St Joseph’s Convent, and Holy Cross Roman Catholic
• 31 scholarships to constituents for overseas study
• Expanding a special education school in Cook Hill Road, St Andrew
• Assisting local farmers through the Farm Labour Programme with aid from the Ministry of Agriculture.
Sylvester Quarless has a vision of a globally-competitive economy which capitalises on our natural resources to stimulate the development of enterprise, while securing business opportunities for all Grenadians, so they can in turn, become economically stable and self-sufficient.
My Vision for St. Andrew South West
Dear Residents, Friends and Well-wishers of St. Andrew South West,
The last 5 years tell a sad story, not only of the lack of representation that we have had to endure in St. Andrew South West, but even more importantly, of how Grenada has been let down by a government that cannot honestly claim to have the interests of its citizens at heart.
Proper representation entails listening and acting on behalf of everyone you represent, whether they agree with your political views or not. As some of you will remember, I have a visible and proven record of action and delivery, on behalf of St. Andrew South West. From 2008 to 2012, as your parliamentary representative, I was active in our Constituency, and accessible to all, regardless of their political orientation.
Since then, I have met with many of you, listening to your opinions about how the affairs of our Constituency have been managed. Needless to say, the majority of you have not been impressed.
On Election Day, your trust and votes are the keys for unlocking our Agenda for Constituency Development:
• Fishing – sourcing markets and assistance for fisher folk
• Engaging constituents in a participatory process to formulate a comprehensive development plan for the Constituency
• Installing lighting at the Victoria Park in Grenville
• Expanding the water system in Munich
• Partnering with the Ministry of Health to enhance the medical facilities in the Constituency
• Promoting further improvement in agricultural production, particularly the cocoa and nutmeg industries
• Undertaking rehabilitation of roads and other infrastructure in the Constituency
• Provide further assistance with the building of educational facilities across the Constituency
• Instituting youth programmes, and introducing ICT projects in the Constituency
• Continuing to improve the housing stock in areas affected by Hurricane Ivan.
Together, we can reverse the trend of neglect and absent representation, and generate jobs, to benefit all the people of St. Andrew South West.
You have the power and the key to the change you want to see.
St. Andrew South West